Eyebrow transplantation is carried out by transplanting the hair follicles from the neck to the eyebrows. It is a painless and comfortable procedure performed under local anaesthesia by FUE method and lasting approximately 1-2 hours. Eyebrow transplantation is a process that involves quite a lot of experience and consists of planning, removing hair suitable for the eyebrows and transferring the eyebrows with the appropriate direction and angle.
How to do eyebrow transplantation?
Eyebrow transplantation is a much more sensitive but shorter operation compared to hair transplantation. Compared to the scalp, grafting in hair transplantation requires a micro-surgical procedure on the facial skin, which has a more precise structure. Eyebrow transplantation procedures are similar to hair transplantation. Operations using the FUE method are performed with hair follicles from the neck.
The hair follicles collected from the donor area by FUE method are planted in a predetermined area for an aesthetically formed eyebrow shape.
Because of the small number of grafts required for eyebrow transplantation, the operation time is short. Eyebrow transplantation operations can be completed in 1-2 hours. The patient can return home immediately after the procedure.
Step by Step Eyebrow Transplantation
- The patient, who is ready after the necessary examinations on the day of operation, is placed on a stretcher face down.
- Grafts are collected from the nape where is anaesthetised by local anaesthesia.
- A medical device called Micromotor FUE or manual punch, which shortens the operation time, loosens the follicles into follicles.
- After this procedure, which can take 1-2 hours according to the number of grafts, the neck region is sterilised and bandaged.
- Since the hair follicles taken from the nape region are taken individually by the FUE method, there will be no marks in this region.
- The collected grafts are extracted one by one and placed into special pads and prepared for planting.
- After the intermission, the patient is placed on her back and does not feel any discomfort or pain thanks to little local anaesthesia.
- After the eyebrow area is sterilised and numbed, channels suitable for the diameters of the hair roots are opened in the previously planned planting area.
- After the grooving process is completed, the collected grafts are placed in the grooved channels. This process is completed within one hour, according to the number of grafts.
Postoperative Recovery Process
- Immediately after eyebrow transplantation, the transplanted area is left open. In this way, all kinds of wounds, impact and pressure are protected.
- After the operation, the patient can quickly return to his / her daily life, but it is crucial to protect the planting area. If you feel a subtle pain in the planting area after the operation, your doctor will give you the simple painkillers to eliminate this pain.
- It is recommended to use antibiotics for one week against any microbe and open wound complications.
- After three days, the doctor has to be revisited for the first washing and dressing. The nape region is opened, and the first washing of the eyebrow region is performed. After this process, the doctor will tell you the crucial details for you to do the washing.
- Smoking and alcohol are not recommended for at least the first three days.
- You will be asked to stay away from challenging activities such as sports, or risky activities such as not swimming for a while.
No comment yet, add your voice below!