We can say that beards are of great importance to a man. Men who do nota have a sufficient amount of beard, and men who do not have a beard because of injuries caused by accident on their face, make great efforts to grow the beard. At this point, we can say that men prefer beard planting methods. We have compiled ten information about this method before you choose the procedure.
Beard transplantation operations, which last for approximately 2-3 hours, are a micro-surgical operations that can be performed to anyone who is in good health after 24 years of age. Since beard transplantation is performed under local anaesthesia, no pain is felt during the operation.
- Beard cultivation can only be performed with the patient’s own hair follicles.
- If the roots in your face and neck are insufficient, different parts of the body can also be used as donor sites.
- It is an operation that takes approximately 2-3 hours according to the number of roots to be planted.
- The grooves on the skin are opened with needles called “micro punch” with a diameter of 0.6 – 0.7 mm. In this way, no trace of the operation occurs.
- As with hair transplantation, the patient does not need to be hospitalized after beard transplantation.
- Small red dots may occur after the operation. These red spots are blood clots and are useful for nourishing the cultivated beard roots. They disappear entirely in about one week.
- After the second week, the beard can be shortened with scissors.
- After the second week, the “shock spill” occurs. After the shock spill, the full beard grows between 4 and 8 months.
- After the operation, it is recommended to shave the beard after one month to keep the roots in place.
Who Can Have Beard Transplantation?
The person who decides to grow a beard must first be examined, and the reason must be learned if the beard is experiencing a loss of hair. If shedding occurs due to stress or a hormonal disorder, treatment should be carried out before beard planting because beard transplantation is not performed unless there is a permanent shedding or in frequency.
People who will have beard transplantation should have their general health condition in place. While if the patient has problems such as diabetes, blood pressure, anaemia and haemophilia, transplantation can be performed after a doctor’s approval, transplantation is not done in infectious diseases such as Hepatitis B and HIV.
In which situations can beard be transplanted?
- Genetic predisposition due to very sparse beard,
- Sparse beard problem,
- For those who have a gap in the beard area due to burns or cuts,
- In case of permanent beard loss,
- Beard transplantation operation can be done if you want to change or trim the beard shape
Things to Consider Before Beard Transplantation
It is recommended to perform a beard analysis before the beard transplantation to check the suitability of the cultivation. In the beard analysis, required roots for planting, and the planting locations of these roots should be determined. If shedding or dilution is not permanent, beard cultivation may not be performed.
- Do not cut your beard before beard analysis, and this is very important for the doctor to see the natural form of your beard. If necessary, it can be done in the transplantation centre.
- Beard transplantation is a sensitive operation because it is performed on the face area and should only be performed by doctors.
- When choosing the operation day, try to create a schedule where you can rest for 3-4 days prior to the operation.
- Do not take any medication even if it is a simple aspirin or vitamin before the operation without consulting your doctor.
Healing Process After Beard Transplantation
It is a process that takes one year to complete the healing process after the beard transplantation and to start to grow the beard in its natural form.
The first ten days after beard transplantation are followed by closure of the opened channels, adaptation of newly cultivated hair follicles, shedding of hair follicles and shedding of the shells by washing. Immediately after this, a natural process of shedding the beard by entering the shock shedding process begins. The shedding process is reasonable, and the lost hairs begin to regenerate more quickly in a short time.